The Anti-Racism Movement and Fi Chi Ghalat are organizing the 4th annual Workers’ Day Parade in celebration of Labor Day, demanding better legal protection for Domestic Workers in Lebanon suffering from the Kafala System. I’ll be joining with the Migrant Workers Task Force (MWTF).
You can RSVP here.
- Friday, May 2nd, 2014. 11:00am – 1:00pm, Monot Theater, Ashrafieh:
Book launching of “If not for the System: Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon Tell their Stories” by KAFA (enough) Violence & Exploitation. The event will include story telling by domestic workers, followed by Q&A session in the presence of the President of the International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) Ms. Myrtle Witbooi
- Saturday, May 3rd, 2014. 4:00pm – 8:00pm, parking facing Estral Center, Hamra:
Cultural Festival: The Other Face of Migration
• Photo Exhibition (Caritas Lebanon Migrant Center)
• Crafts & Food Market (Migrant Community Center)
• Sudanese & Ethiopian Concert (Insan Association)
• Ethiopian Coffee Corner (Amel International)
• Interactive Advocacy Corner led by IDWF
- Sunday, May 4th, 2014. 12:00pm –, departure from Dora Roundabout:
Workers’ Day Parade & Celebration led by Migrant Domestic Workers.
Departure from Dora Roundabout at 12:00pm (gathering at 11:30am), with a final celebration in Mar Mikhael Train Station starting 1:30pm
Workers’ Day 2013 Parade and Festival
The following are images of last year’s parade and festival taken from the Migrant Workers Task Force Facebook page.
Posters of the Event in 6 Different Languages